Financials and ReportACCOUNTABILITY
Financials and Report
We are committed to high standards of performance and accountability. United Way Worldwide’s standards lead the non-profit sector in accountability, transparency, solid governance, and the promotion of diversity, ethics and brand stewardship.
- The United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley has a stringent system of internal controls in place to ensure that it operates in a sound fiscal manner
- The United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley’s operating budget, as well as its community funding decisions, are reviewed and approved by several volunteer committees, including our Board of Directors
- Indpendent CPA firm Packer Thomas, Certified Public Accountants and Business Consultants, conducts our annual audit. Our 2018 audit was completed in June, 2019 and reports that our financial statements fairly and accurately represent our financial position.
- Our annual audit is reviewed by our volunteer Fiance Committee and approved by our Board of Directors.
- In 2019, our United Way received a 4-Star rating, the highest rating given by Charity Navigator and a Gold Star Rating for Transparency on Guidestar. Click here to learn more about Charity Navigator.