Financials, Reports, and PoliciesACCOUNTABILITY
Financials, Reports, and Policies
We are committed to high standards of performance and accountability. United Way Worldwide’s standards lead the non-profit sector in accountability, transparency, solid governance, and the promotion of diversity, ethics and brand stewardship.
- The United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley has a stringent system of internal controls in place to ensure that it operates in a sound fiscal manner
- The United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley’s operating budget, as well as its community funding decisions, are reviewed and approved by several volunteer committees, including our Board of Directors
- Independent CPA firm Packer Thomas, Certified Public Accountants and Business Consultants, conducts our annual audit. Our 2019 audit was completed in June, 2020and reports that our financial statements fairly and accurately represent our financial position.
- Our annual audit is reviewed by our volunteer Fiance Committee and approved by our Board of Directors.
- In 2020, our United Way received a 4-Star rating, the highest rating given by Charity Navigator and a Gold Star Rating for Transparency on Guidestar. Click here to learn more about Charity Navigator.
The Corporation hereby declares its policy of non-discrimination such that decisions regarding the election of directors and election and/or appointment of officers and employees of the Corporation shall be made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, handicap, ancestry, age, or national origin.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the established policy of the United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons and to administer all aspects and conditions of employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
The United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. The United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley takes allegations of discrimination, harassment and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted.