The United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley teams up with the Mahoning Valley Economic Opportunity Coalition to provide free income tax preparation assistance through VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program). Low to moderate income individuals and families as well as seniors can qualify for the services made available by both the IRS's VITA and Tax Counseling for Seniors (TCE).
VITA offers free assistance to taxpayers, including but not limited to persons with disabilities, students, and older taxpayers who file Form 1040EZ, Form 1040A, or a basic Form 1040 Federal tax return. The program runs throughout tax season.
We need YOU to make this program a success. Become a VITA Volunteer!
Volunteer for VITA in 2020!
Email Lita Wills, Director of Community Impact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call our office at 330-746-8494
Benefits of VITA:
- Get your taxes done for FREE!!
- No fees - Keep all of your tax return
To schedule an appointment:
- Call: 330-540-1947
- Email: email@example.com
- Appointment Scheduling opens on January 2, 2020
WHAT TO BRING:
- Valid driver’s license or proof of identification
- Social Security cards and birth dates for you, spouse and/or dependents
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Wage and earning statements (W2, 1099 Misc, 1099 R)
- Interest and dividend statements
- Total amount you paid for day care and the day care provider’s tax ID number
- Marketplace Health Insurance Form 1095-A if applicable
- Your spouse, if married and filing jointly, to sign the required forms
- Bank routing/account numbers for direct deposit
- Individual taxpayer ID Number (ITIN) letter
- Any IRS correspondence received in last 2 years.
Get your taxes done through VITA!
2020 VITA & TCE SITES:
Brought to you by the Mahoning Valley Economic Stability Partnership
Funded by an IRS Grant
Or do your own taxes for free!
If you want to do your own taxes, you can go to MyFreeTaxes.org
This is a secure, IRS supported site that allows you to file your taxes on your own.
Click here for more information, and to start the process.